It’s almost the end of 2018 and the time has almost arrived for the HR managers to start planning for the training module to better the performance of the employees. It is the aim of every organisation to maximize the employees’ performance to reach their business goals. In order to do this, it is necessary to create the most effective training program.
Over the decade, technology has provided many opportunities to make better training programs for corporate employees. With time, you have to adopt the trends prevailing in the learning and development sector to upgrade your training module.
Below are the best trends of 2019 in the field of learning and development that you must adopt:
- E-learning- E-learning has taken over the rapidly evolving requirements of teaching and learning. The corporate training place is no exception to that. The combined market of academic e-learning and corporate e-learning has been predicted to cross $180 billion in 2018.
E-learning is a trend that will grow more in 2019 and can be beneficial when it comes to providing corporate training. This method of teaching is widely appreciated because of some amazing features:
- It is very cost-effective
- Employees can get their training on the go by using devices like their Smartphone, tablet, etc. Thus, it won’t be difficult for the busy employees to receive the training.
- It is the best method for providing compliance training
- Through this, the most effective awareness training on some specific topics can be provided
- Personalized training- The concept of ‘one size fits all’ does not apply to effective corporate training. Today, it is important to train each employee differently. Personalization of any learning program has been in trend lately, which has reached the online assignment help space as well. In order to create personalized corporate training, the employees’ experience, area in which he/she needs to improve, fluency with technology, etc. need to be considered. Personalized training is much more effective than the traditional training format. It is because personalized training helps to:
- target one’s particular needs
- provide more engagement
- offer personalized feedback
- Focus on soft skill development- On today’s date, nobody can deny the importance of soft skills in the success of a business. It helps a company to add diversity and to expand their reach. Thus, more effort will be given in developing the soft skills of the employees, and encourage to improve essential skills that facilitate communication, collaboration, emotional intelligence, etc. Another benefit that organisations can receive by developing their employee’s soft skills is the promotion of employee retention. One way to create a training program for developing soft skills is to give the employees a situation and ask them to handle the situation using their soft skills.
- Using new mediums of learning- In order to make the employees more engaged in the training program, the use of new tools and mediums are going to grow in the coming years. Till date, social media sites have been perceived by the business owners as something that does nothing but wastes time. However, over time, its impact and significance in crucial sectors like marketing are being recognized. A study by Cisco has shown that the Gen Y employees are going to use videos as a way of communication, and 62% of them will save or share the videos on different internet sites. The use of social media or YouTube videos in creating training programs will be on the rise in the coming times. Today, we all spend a considerable amount of our time on sites like Facebook or YouTube. Hence, a learning material shared here will reach the employees real fast, and they will also engage in the program.
- Engagement from the top executives- Another trend that’s going to be rising is the participation of the highest executives in the planning of the training program. This way, the training will keep in mind the exact goals that the leaders want to achieve through the training. By this collaboration between the HR and management, the practices, methods, and principles that the employees must utilize to improve their performance will be clearly defined.
- Drawing employees via learning and development- According to a report, over half of all existing employees are looking for new job opportunities. Hence, it has become a challenge for the companies to keep hold of their employees. Other than the retirement and other benefits provided by the organisations, the training is now also seen as a benefit that the employees receive. The training provided by the organisation gives them the opportunity to grow and improve their skills. Valuable training can work as a means to draw in and retain employees. As a part of the training, online learning software can also be used. Through skill development, employees can become more productive and more absorbed into their jobs.
- Enhancing digital skills- With digitization taking over the world, there is hardly any work that is not carried out using technology. But, the digital world is very dynamic with changes happening and new technology coming out almost every day. Hence, it is required for the employees to constantly update their digital skills. Thus, training materials should include enough resources that will help the learners to adopt new technologies. The use of cutting-edge technology in a business can be very beneficial when used correctly.
- Artificial intelligence- AI is now used everywhere, from the business organisations to our daily lives. The use of AI in learning and development can make it more effective and fast. Through AI, the learner’s behavior and the specific requirements of the learners can be understood in a better way. AI can help in providing recommendations and relevant learning materials. This way, the data provided to employees will make more sense to them.
In this fast-paced world, it is very important for an organisation to adopt the evolving trends and technology to be successful. The trends provided above are likely to rule the learning and development space in the upcoming years. Adopting the same to plan training programs will help in enhancing employee engagement and make them more productive in a competitive environment.
Suhana Williams is a Business Consultant by profession and a part-time assignment maker for Assignmenthelp.us. She has worked with several reputed organisations and helped them reach their goal. She loves to travel and visits new places when she is not working.