“Online learning is not the next big thing; it is the new big thing.”
J. Abernathy, Author
Did you know that the worldwide E-learning market is estimated to be worth $325 Billion by the year 2025? Most interestingly, graduate students are twice as likely to earn a degree online. These statistics indicate that the world of education has already embraced digital learning as a significant force fuelling all endeavors effectively.
No wonder, the domain of digital education is already helping students with online assignments, virtual classes, data banks, digitally archived case studies and more. In addition to online academic assistance, there is a myriad of exceptional digital education trends that will blow your mind.
Are you eager to explore the 5 most incredible trending topics in the sector of digitized education? Here you go!
- AR Training in education is the next big thing
Augmented Reality training in education has already made its presence felt, and will only expand its functionality in the near future. AR tools are capable of projecting abstract lessons that are hard to grasp for the students. That is precisely why AR has the power to make an impact on the conventional learning system by changing the timing and location of studying.
At times, theoretical knowledge may fall short when it comes to obtaining commendable skills in professional areas. According to modern education practitioners, students shouldn’t be mere observers or passive learners. This is exactly where the application of Augmented Reality comes into play. AR in education offers the following benefits:
- Helps students perform in virtual practices
- Engages students with highly interactive exercises
- Fosters augmented simulations, digital modeling and augmented tutorials
- Self-directed homeschooling is a phenomenon to keep an eye on
Parents might not feel confident enough to teach certain chapters or follow up with the regular class lessons at home. Hybrid homeschooling assures assignment help on intricate subjects and topics. For example, if a student lacks enough knowledge or finds it difficult to get the hang of it in a conventional classroom setting, they can catch up with the lesson much effectively in a hybrid school.
This way, students get more opportunities for socializing with peers and choosing what to learn and when. The concept of hybrid schooling is also referred to as “blended learning” because students get the chance to mix conventional school attendance with home instructions.
- Gaming in education is yet another trend worth embracing
“Gamification” in education is a buzzword that is gradually developing itself and expanding its application by leaps and bound. Gaming in education has its fair share of benefits. Let’s take a look at each one of them:
- Educational simulators and video games teach many skills such as flight training, computer programming, solving tricky algebraic and trigonometric problems, etc.
- Proactive academic video games improve critical thinking, as well. To support this claim, educator Paul Darvasi said, “Alternate reality games can be used as an immersive learning system that combines rich narrative, digital technology, and real-world gameplay. Students must exercise critical thinking, resilience, and creative problem solving to succeed in an alternate reality game.”
- Gaming also teaches technical skills. If done right, it can create an academic future where teachers will stay more connected with all the enthusiastic learners.
- Educational video games can help students with exceptional gaming experience. For example, high-definition and interactive gaming can help students get the hang of observing and building a nuclear reactor.
- Genius hour in education is about to make its presence felt
Genius hour refers to the approach of learning where students are guided according to each of their interests, inclination towards a subject matter and background knowledge. Genius hour allows students to explore their perspectives, develop interactive ideas and share the same with their friends.
The primary objective of introducing the concept of genius hours in education is:
- Introducing education in a completely different way so that students do not learn for the sake of learning.
- Genius hour is student-oriented, fully purpose-driven, collaborative and social from a variety of aspects.
- Most importantly, the concept of the genius hour in education said to be inherently creative.
- Social and emotional learning is trending up as well
According to reports, the future of education depends on social and emotional learning. A survey reveals the fact that 97% of principals believe teaching social and emotional learning skills in school can improve student behavior.
So, if we are to consider each of the statistics mentioned above, then it seems that this particular trend is not only here to stay, but it will also help students with the following benefits.
- Better academic performance and achievement scores
- Improved attitude and behavior towards parents and teachers.
- Better motivation towards learning, deeper commitment to school and classroom conduct
- Helps in developing better ideas and stances
Take note of each of the trends as discussed above and brace yourself for the future of education. It will only get interesting and beneficial for the students with each passing day.
I will be soon back with another list of trends in the field of education and learning.
Author Bio: Robert Smith is a digital educator, and academic counselor working on behalf of a reputable firm in Newyork, United States. Apart from that, he is part-time helper in ama, oxford and mla referencing tools and dedicated for dissertation writer associated with the digital brand MyAssignmenthelp.com. During his time of leisure, you may find him enjoying quality time with friends and visiting the countryside.